I’m so flattered to have received this blogger award from Sunny Day Sundays! I absolutely love reading her blog posts about mommyhood and her son. She writes the most beautiful letters to her son that he’ll get to read someday when he’s older and they paint such a vivid picture of her love for him and the sweet moments they have together. It’s also fun because her son is a month younger than Claire. You should definitely check out her blog!
Here are the rules for this award:
- Thank and link to the amazing person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Seven Facts About Me:
- I have a strange obsession with mashed potatoes. There’s something about their creamy deliciousness that I can’t resist. It also explains why Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.
- My favorite color is purple. I didn’t really have a favorite color until CJ told me that a purple shirt looked good on me when we first started dating. Then, I started noticing that purple really is a beautiful color not just on me, but on everything. And, I think it was a subliminal choice to fall in love with the color because I actually forgot that story until CJ reminded me when we were planning our wedding and we chose purple as one of our wedding colors.
- I really hate getting splashed in the pool. Not that I go in the pool that often because I burn in negative 3 seconds. But on the rare occasion that I do, if someone chooses to get playful and splashes me… game over. I am no longer your friend. Well… at least for the next 10 minutes until my anger subsides. ;)
- During my bachelorette party, one of the games was for CJ to pre-answer some questions about me and my friends had to guess what his answer was for each. One of the questions was something like, “What is your favorite thing about Emily?” and his answer was “her loyalty”. Several of my friends guessed that during the game and that was the best compliment I’ve ever been given. I will never forget that. I pride myself on always being there for my friends and family so, for them to recognize that, it means the world to me.
- One of my life goals until recently was to drive a golf cart and I was able to happily scratch that off my bucket list last September when I got to drive one around at my work offsite. I was beaming ear to ear.
- I’ve always gotten along better with people that are older than me. I think it’s probably because I’m the baby of the family.
- I do very strange things in my sleep. CJ can attest to this. One time, in the middle of the night, I got up and started freaking out about the light bulb needing to be changed. I stood on the bed and started to unscrew the lightbulb and woke up CJ to help me. In his half asleep state, he got up and started going along with my delusions. He decided to turn the light on to help us see while trying to unscrew the light and then realized…what the heck?!?! That woke him up enough to stop what he was doing and explain to me that, no, the light was just fine. That’s just one story but there are many others. I think they are quite hilarious. CJ does too in retrospect but they’re not so funny in the middle of the night when he’s trying to sleep. :)
Now, it’s time to tell you my favorite blogs that I enjoy reading! Okay so I’m cheating, I don’t have 15 to list but that’s okay. The ones that are listed below are amazing! Thank you for your funny, heartwarming, and honest blogs. I look forward to reading them every day!
- Young House Love
- Eat, Live, Run
- Nat Your Average Girl
- Little Baby Garvin
- Bean in Love
- Thrifty Decor Chick
- Sunny Day Sundays – I know she nominated me but I do truly love reading her blog!