It really feels like yesterday that we had the one month photoshoot for Claire and here I am writing her two month update. People tell you it goes by fast but, seriously, it really does. Well, to be honest, the first two weeks were the longest two weeks of my life but after that, time flew by. Every day we fall more in love with Claire and are so amazed that we brought such a beautiful little life into this world.
What’s Claire like at two months old now? Well…
- Weight: I haven’t weighed her since last Tuesday but she was 10 pounds 8 ounces then. I’m guessing she’s around 11 pounds now.
- Loves: Standing. She can’t stand on her own, obviously, but she loves when we hold her up to stand. She’s able to look around more, stare at her feet, and feel like a big girl. If we try to lay her down when she’s in the mood to stand, she is not happy about it.
- Hates: Madonna music. Seriously, I’m not kidding. When it comes on the radio, she immediately starts crying and when we change the song, she stops. It is SO hilarious!
- Talents: Projectile spit up. When we were about to leave our B&B for my niece’s wedding, we placed her in her carseat, tucked her in with a nice blanket, and were about to pick up the carseat to head to the car when what it seems like a garden-hose-like force of spit up flew out of her mouth. We were surprised but the look on her face was priceless. CJ and I immediately started laughing. She has the best facial expressions.
- Sleeping: Not much has changed in this area. She still wakes up once in the middle of the night around 3:00/4:00am and then again around 7:00/8:00am. We’re lucky it’s not more often but I’m sure it will happen occasionally when she’s going through a growth spurt.
- Other Random Facts:
- She gets overwhelmed when around a bunch of people that are ooogling over her. She stays calm while it’s happening but by the end of the day she hits a sensory overload and then the infamous “witching hour” that we’ve heard of begins. We try to keep visits from people pretty short so she doesn’t get too overwhelmed.
- She’s the most smiley and talkative during her 3:00/4:00am feeding and first thing in the morning. It makes waking up in the middle of the night and first thing in the morning so worth it and I look forward to those little smiles.
- She’s starting to enjoy her activity play mat and is starting to swat at the toys hanging above her. It’s so fun to see her entertaining herself with toys.
Other than that, I think it goes without saying that we are head over heels in love with our little girl.
In other news, Claire has gained a new furry best friend named Zoe. Pictures to come soon. :)