Well, in 2.5 weeks, we are going to have a 2 year old on our hands. Isn’t that crazy!?!? Time really does fly by but, at the same time, it almost seems like Claire’s been around forever. Almost. 😉
Claire is talking so much lately and we’re actually having conversations now which is SO awesome. I absolutely love being able to ask her about her day, knowing what she wants, and getting more of a glimpse into what she’s thinking about. A few mini-stories of her talking:
- Sometimes, she’ll ask us a question and, when we answer it, she reply with a short and sweet “Oh.” and then move on with her day. As if she’s saying, “Oh, that makes sense.”
- When we ask her questions, sometimes she’ll say “Ummmm” before answering. We love that she’s thinking about what she’s going to say. Tonight, we asked her if she wanted more milk and she said, “Ummm…… no.” She really kept us hanging for that one.
- She pronounces elephant, “Efenant”. I will miss the days when she doesn’t say it that way.
- She’s already a backseat driver. She’ll point to where she wants us to drive and say “This way”. If we don’t go the way she wants, she’s not happy about it.
- She’ll tell us to say “Thank you” if we forget to. Manners are quite important!
- She has started asking “why” lately.
- When she wants to be held or wants to snuggle, she says “I hold you?”. We love that.
- I was driving her home from daycare today and she was holding her toy dog on her lap. She started saying something about her dogs eyes and, when I asked her about it, she said she was putting eye drops in his eyes. It’s amazing how good her memory is – a couple months ago, we had to give her eye drops every night for a week. Apparently, she still remembers that!
- This morning, CJ was getting her ready for daycare and sang “Put your hands in the air and say ‘heyoooo'” and she did exactly that. It was HILARIOUS and totally unexpected. You had to be there.
Other random facts:
- As far as what she’s loving right now, she could watch trucks and buses all day. She loves any and all dogs. She likes to carry her purse around and take her baby on walks.
- Her hair is long enough for a mini-ponytail which I’m soooo happy about!!
- She loves to help cook, do laundry, clean, you name it! She’s the best helper.
- She loves to read books – our nighttime routine takes FOREVER because she has to read at least 5 books.
- She’s getting better with her potty training – she’ll tell us when she has to go (not every time but much more than in the past) and doesn’t fight going when we suggest it. Progress!!
- She loves to do her “makeup”. We bought a clean brush set and empty travel bottles and she likes to pretend that she’s putting makeup on the brushes and applies it to her face.
- She still doesn’t like sweets – we tried offering her a s’more recently and she hated it.
- She loves to pretend to talk on the phone.
And last but not least, she is going to be a flower girl in one of my best friend’s wedding!! We are soooo excited about that and can’t wait!
I know I’m forgetting so many stories about her which makes me so sad. I wish I could remember every moment with her, especially this age. She is SO fun!!